“Fireworks”, 11 x 24, acrylic on paper
“Living in Memories”, 30 x 36, mixed media on canvas.
This painting is dedicated to those who have passed. The drips represent bittersweet tears, as we smile remembering our loved one, but miss them terribly.
“Nite Brite”, 30 x 30, mixed media on canvas
I combined and modified a couple of recipes for this. The end result is the best egg salad I have ever had.
- Place 8 eggs in a saucepan
- Cover eggs with cool water one inch above eggs
- Place lid on pan
- Bring to gentle boil
- Turn burner off
- Let eggs sit for 7 minutes with lid on
- Make bowl of ice water big enough to hold eggs
- Pour out hot water and place eggs in ice bath for 5 minutes
- Crack eggs and peel
- Place in large bowl
- Add 3 tablespoons of mayo
- Mash eggs and mayo with fork (make pieces as large as desired)
- Add pepper
- Add 1 teaspoon of sweet relish
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of onion salt (I make with 1 part onion powder and 3 parts salt)
- Add 5 drops of yellow mustard for every egg
- Mix all together
- Let chill for 30 minutes in refridgerator
- Toast bread and enjoy!
Yields 4 sandwiches.