I make this recipe to have leftovers for lunch for three days. I have indicated in parenthesis what ingredients to use for 4 servings.
1 box (or 1 cup) dried orzo pasta 5 (or 4 halves) skinless, boneless chicken breasts 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed 6 (or 3) tablespoons olive oil, keep 1 separate for skillet 2 medium zucchini havled lengthwise and sliced 4 (or 2) tablespoons red wine vinegar 1/2 (or 1/4) teaspoon salt 1/2 (or 1/4) teaspoon ground black pepper 1 tablespoon dried dill
1. Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Return orzo to the hot pan; cover and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
2. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes. Sprinkle with basil. In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook about 12 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. (Reduce heat to medium if chicken browns too quickly.) Remove chicken from skillet.
3. Add zucchini to skillet; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
4. Stir in cooked orzo, the remaining 5 (or 2) tablespoons of oil, the vinegar, the salt, the pepper, and the dill.
5. Add ingredients from skillet to chicken, stir and serve.