3 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed and chopped (4 cups) 1 & 1/2 pound pork tenderloin (I just use one whole pork tenderloin as they come from the grocery store) 4 tablespoons soy sauce Ground black pepper 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced 4 tablespoons honey 4 tablespoons water
1. Place sweet potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl; cover with vented plastic wrap. Microwave on 100% power (high) for 8 minutes, stirring once. Carefully remove plastic wrap; set potatoes aside.
2. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 1 inch slices. To butterfly meat slices, make a horizontal cut three-fourths of the way through each slice; open and flatten slightly. Generously brush slices with soy sauce and sprinkle lightly with pepper.
3. In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir just until it begins to turn golden.* Remove from skillet.
4. Add meat to hot skillet. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
5. For hash, transfer sweet potatoes to hot skillet. Cook until potatoes begin to crisp and are tender, stirring occasionally. Spoon hash onto individual plates; top with meat and garlic.
6. For sauce, in the hot skillet whisk together the honey, the water, and the remaining soy sauce. Cook and stir until bubbly. Drizzle sauce over meat.
* Cook the garlic just until golden but not too brown. If it burns, it will taste bitter.